- For the amazing and random people God weaves into the intricate fabric of my life. Even the not so amazing ones. They still teach me something.
- For books and people who willingly and selflessly share knowledge. The bloggers; all of them. They illuminate the dark corners of our minds. A candle that lights another loses no light of its own.
- For the schools and teachers that have shaped my way of thinking yet still letting me wonder off wherever my imagination may take me. They gave me more than education. Some lit the fierce fires that fuel my careers and aspirations. Others carried the flame forward onto the next stop. They are a large part of the reason i burn right.
- For family. You remind me who I am and accept me even in those rare times that i become who I never wanted to be. You fill my life with so much love. Especially you my DAD. I feel like i could love everybody in the world and still have some left over just for YOU.I have NEVER had everything but i have never lacked anything.
- For friends. Old and new,near and away,seen and unseen,quite,crazy or calmly quiet. Those i met once and those i see everyday,clowns and critics. All are the family God couldn’t fit under my home’s little roof. Your friendship keeps my happiness afloat in a vast sea of highs and lows. You know i love you all to bits and pieces.
- For the future. Why?I will be in it. Life is the sum of all the choices i make and i am grateful that the future unfolds one day at a time and that everything happens when it is meant to. So i welcome whatever may come.
- For good people,those people i read about or know who really make me believe in the goodness of humanity. Their random act of kindness sends ripples of love across a vast sea of other’s pain. Being grateful won’t make any sense if i don’t mention people like Biko Zulu at this point. #1MilliForJadudi wouldn’t be what it is now if it wasn’t for your post. That amazing gift of telling his story the best way possible.
- For the little details of life that show just how much of a wise guy God truly is…..like how a clear sky is blue or the green vegetation couldn’t have it any other way.
- For all the life’s lessons. I have been sufficiently challenged to be the best possible version of myself.
- For God.Above everything you have taught me to be grateful. ALWAYS. In good and in bad times.
My heart cries out for my unborn son. I can just imagine the kind of a daughter in-law I will end up with. You see for over decades the society has focused on empowering the girl child. While at it, the boy child was ignored. Now we have bred a society of disenfranchised boys and ‘a modern type’ woman. A modern woman who wants to be equal with a MAN, to an extend that they even want to pee while standing. You cannot use the word ‘Submissive’ with a modern woman in the same sentence. Do they even know such a word exist? What happened to the Proverbs 31 woman?
I know most of you will sneer while reading this but listen my fellow women, take this to the bank and it will surely earn you interest; SUBMISSION IS POWER. Who said a woman with a career cannot be submissive? Who lied to you that you will cease to be a woman of power if you submit to your husbands? Who said it is entirely a man’s duty to provide for their families? And what is the worst that could happen if US as women entirely took up the responsibility of fending for our families?
It is one thing to want to be ‘equal’ with men, and it is another thing to want to overpower men. Nobody empowered us to dominate men. We were empowered to enjoy equal rights as the boy child. I have no issue at all with an empowered woman but I have an unending bone of contention with an over empowered woman. What I refer to as a modern day woman. A woman who will want to arrive home as ‘Early’ as 3 a.m (pun intended). A woman who buys already peeled potatoes at mama mbogas.
I wouldn’t want to sound so biblical but true in proverbs 14:1 “The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands.” What is happening today in Nyeri is a representation of what has become of today’s women. In as much as we may want to blame it on men, WE are the sole reason why most of today’s marriages don’t last. There is no other way to a lasting marriage but to go back to where we started from. By the way it is all a circle; the irresponsible men we have today are the men we brought up yesterday. The boy child we disregarded while we were so keen to empower the girl child. Now the empowered girl child over evolved and you the disenfranchised boy child will pay for it for the rest of your life. Sad!
A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighbourhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching 4 kids darting out of the parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared, instead a brick smashed into the Jag’s side door! He slammed on the breaks and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, “What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck were u doing? Thats a new car and that brick u threw is going to cost alot of money!! Why did u do it?” Continue reading “THE BRICK”
Today and always:
I alone accept and own full and total responsibility for being my genuine and true self.